Hi, everyone! The following is just a quick list of the things which are left to do for the Milestone 12 build. I’ll be updating it as things get done.
This isn’t really a proper “blog” entry, so please forgive the dry “list” format! It’s really just for folks who want to watch as updates happen.
- Icons for buttons which are missing them
- Implement placing of ground surfaces in towns
- Update tutorial
- Audio notification when new requests become available.
- Adds tools to purchase and unpurchase regions, separate from setting levels on them.
- Adds a cost for purchasing a region
- Adds a cost for placing a monster zone, based upon zone size.
- Adds on-screen prompt to visit game forum
- Players can now cheat. “Players” is actually a really complicated word since it could either mean the human player, or the simulated players. Standard game thing to do is to take your game’s first letter and add “ims”; thus SimCity’s “sims”, and City Skyline’s “cims”. Therefore, our simulated players shall henceforth be known as “mims”. Actually, maybe that’s a bad idea.
- Support for distribution via itch.io. (Is there any demand for this?)
- Convert all remaining GUI to the new UI system.
- Add tools to let the player heal, kill, and revive players. Because that sounds like fun.
- Integrate FMOD sound library.
- Game functionality is now split into three modes: “Inspect”, “Edit”, and “Grid”. Inspect lets you explore your game and watch people play. “Edit” reduces the visual clutter and proves world editing tools. “Grid” simplifies the view and provides various informational displays.
- Fixed a whole lot of pathfinding bugs. Players should be much more reliable in terms of using roads when they’re available, and in terms of not walking through obstacles.
- Add support for areas which contain holes. (Monster zones, cities, etc)
- Buildings can now be edited; made larger or smaller, and have entrances added or removed.
- New systems for placing towns and monster zones.
- Added a visual effect on top of the road placement preview.
- When placing a monster zone, the player can now choose what type of monster to place in that zone.
- Minor visual polish on the cursor.
- Buildings now snap to town grids, when placed inside a town.
- Sound volume is now editable in the options dialog.
- Building layouts are now correctly saved/restored.
- Simulated players are now smarter about where to stand, when socialising with players of a significantly different size.
- Fixed a bunch of processing that was happening on the first frame after loading a game, which could cause a pretty bug frame rate stutter for that first frame only.
- Improved UI system scrollbars.
escapenow aborts out of any dialog or window, or out of any placement tool you might have active.
- Flattened desert dunes.
- “Destroy” tool remains active after destroying something. Now you can more easily destroy lots of things!
- Fix class global scale control.
- Don’t draw things which are too far away to see.
- The game now autosaves one exit, and after every five minutes of gameplay.
- Correctly remove all old scenery props when changing scenery type. (Previously, some were missed sometimes)